Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thankfulness

Today I am blessed to BE thankful for many things in my life. I am thankful for my wonderful Mr. G, schmookie pups, fun-loving family and as always my health. This is the second Thanksgiving lunch with the Ayala and Galindo family under one roof. This thanksgiving, as the previous one, began at 7 a.m. when I crawled out of bed to turn off the alarm, walked blindly to let the Schmookies out and then I headed straight for the fridge to get that 22 heavyweight pounder out. Once I finally had a bite in my stomach I was able to roll up my sleeves and get my turkey on. The FamBam came a knocking around 10 a.m. while I was basting turkey lurkey for the 3rd time and beginning to start on the traditional Ruiz stuffing. As usual my two older but younger sisters came when the food was practically ready and the Galindo family was unpunctual as ever, arriving an hour and a half later. But what is family without sweet predictability? As soon as everyone arrived we ate, buffet style, cut the pumpkin pie and then played a couple of rounds of ping pong. The last item on the agenda and of course the most important is always to take family pictures, serious, silly and one's that will hold a special place in our hearts for years to come. So, here are a few snap shots of the Ayala-Galindo thankfulness Thanksgiving.



No comments: