Monday, February 8, 2010

Now that its raining more than ever...

...you can stand under my umbrella (Rihanna)

Whoa! This weekend I attended back-to-back baby showers while it was raining cats and dogs.  Crazy, hugh?! Ever since I found out about the first baby shower I started to feel all crafty. Not just paper crafty. No, I was thinking Martha Stewart meets Pottery Barn designers. I wanted to make a few items that could be personal to each mommy-to-be but at the same time unique to each individual. Then it hit me. My first project would be a pillow case cover that matched one of my friend's baby shower invite. It was perfect. After all, her baby's nursery is modern with a splash of mod accents, just like the invite. It turns out that her invite inspiration came from Tiny Prints Studio . So I used her elephant theme plus the brown, gray and green colors. Then, voila a personalized pillow for baby Jonah. The pillow case cover tutorial came from the nifty Sparkle Power . The second gift, for both mtb's are posh blue, brown and cream baby bibs. They were super easy to make thanks to a pattern from ChickPea Studio and fabric from Joanne's.









No comments: