Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Read more, learn more, change the globe

(Nas-I Can)

I heart reading children's books. Not only because I'm a teacher but because many great children's authors, I'm convinced, really write for grown-ups. When your a child and you pick up a picture book it takes you to an imaginary world. But as an adult reading pictures books is a whole other experience. These books teach life lessons. Of course the overall meaning is for the child to understand but when an adult, like myself, reads these books I become enlightened. Honestly. I believe child authors are speaking to adults, to their fears, triumphs, battles and heart. So, I decided now when I find a great book I will share it and hopefully remember it always.

Here is an awesome book that I read today.
Life's lesson- The grass is always greener on the other side. But always stay true to yourself because sometimes what may seem fabulous for the moment is only a short-lived glory.

No comments: